Hi all,

Minutes for Dec 6th, as always, questions, comments etc are welcome!

Attendees

  • Ben Evans
  • Martijn Verburg
  • Trisha Gee
  • Michael Barker
  • Somay Nakhal
  • Richard Warburton

Minutes

Carried over from last meeting

  • JSR-331 – BE to send to SE/EE list saying we’re going to vote no and here’s why. Before he does, check with Werner Kiel.
  • We need to update our voting record on Java.net (BE/MB)
  • Accept 351 invitation for webinar (BE)
    • JCP.next.next solicit comments before the vote (BE to ask Patrick)

From this meeting

  • Set up a shared calendar for early JSR reviews and dissemination of our reviews (TG)
  • Get a volunteer to introduce Raoul-Gabriel Urma to the right people in the OpenJDK or his Relationships in Java prototype (MB)
  • BE reported that the proposed Currency JSR was still dormant.
  • MB reported that the tuples JEP this was very long term work
  • JSR 335: Lambda Expressions for the Java Programming Language – Early Draft Review – (RW to lead the Adopt a JSR for this one)
  • JSR 344: JavaServer Faces 2.2 – Early Draft Review – (Committee to seek volunteers)
  • JSR 339: Java API for RESTful Web Services – Early Draft Review – (Committee to seek volunteers)
  • JSR 346: Contexts and Dependency Injection for Java EE 1.1 – Early Draft Review – (Committee to seek volunteers)
  • JSR 342: Java EE 7 – (BE to investigate EG composition further)
  • Jigsaw: – Committee to investigate progress of JEP
  • Adopt a JSR materials for JUGs:
    1- The overview presentation. 5 minutes on what the JSR is about and what it means for the regular developer
    2- Technical deep dive – 10-60 minutes on how to use the result of the JSR, implementation details, best practices… All a developer needs to get from “Haven’t heard about” to “Almost Guru” (MV/JG)
  • MB to lead OpenJDK Adoption and set up a monthly regular session – find a venue via BC
  • MV to investigate with Oracle about access to statistical analysis tools.
  • Committee had a discussion on licensing in preparation of JCP.next.next, conclusion was that until the lawsuit is settled, we have to wait.
  • MV to ask JUG leaders list to assist with further JSRs
Cheers,
Martijn (On behalf of the LJC JCP Committee)
About these ads