Attendees

  • Simon Maple
  • Richard Warburton
  • Somay Nakhal
  • Ben Evans
  • James Gough
  • Martijn Verburg
  • Trish Gee
  • Mike Barker

(Tasks in Bold)

General Minutes 
  • Welcome Somay Nakhal to the Committee!
  • We need to start having formal agendas before each meeting (MV to create next one)
  • We’d like to have a venue with free WiFi for all  (TG to investigate possibilities)
Update from Face to Face (F2F) EC meeting from BE
  • Hosted at Goldman Sachs in Jersey City, USA
  • Good to put names to faces, made following JSR-348 WG meeting run more easily
  • LJC ‘Adopt a JSR’ program was well received
  • Lots of support for JSR-310
  • JSR-348
    • Main issue was about ballot stuffing.  The PMO will investigate and act appropriately if there is evidence of suspicious voting.
    • SE and ME committees will merge (partly as ME committee rarely makes quorum).
    • 24 seats + chair is the new target, down from 32 today, ‘extra’ seats will die a natural death.
  • Java ME
    • Hardware baseline – so price point drops over time?  In our opinion this does not match what the industry is doing.
    • Code line is currently based off 1.4.2, they’re proposing to do an ME7, base lined against SE 7 but with some features (like invokedynamic) will be removed.
    • ME seems to be heading towards the embedded space.
    • ME for SE developers LJC session by Oracle to help us gain insight into this area of standards (MV to organise).
  • ‘Adopt a JSR program’ is vital. We shall proceed by:
    • Update java.net with our JCP status (MB to follow up)
      • Blog about JSPA signature (BE to post)
    • Producing a Glossary of Terms (TG to update wiki)
    • Push out the ‘Adopt a JSR Program’ post (RW)
      • Give Richard access to LJC blog (MV)
      • Forward post to JUG leaders list during JavaOne once done (MV)
    • Send out details of our java.net page to committee  (MV)
    • At the next JCP meeting, review our JCP/JSR Content on java.net (all of us)
    • Adopt a JSR Logo – CC licensed Duke needs you (MV)
JSR-310 update (JG)
  • Blog post on TCKs etc (JG)
  • Volunteer Cat herding (JG)
  • Next step is to start the TCK planning stage (JG)
  • Contact threeten mailing list (JG)
  • Workshop on TCK at Open Conference (JG)
  • Get Oracle involved – Roger Riggs – (BE)
JSR-349 (Bean Validation)
  • Looking for adoptees, get Spec lead to send out a description (MV)

JSR-350 (session state enhancement)

  • Adopt a JSR – Introduce Madhu Konda and SN (BE)
  • Investigation, talk to Jeff Trent (and his upcoming replacement) (SN)

JSR-351  – Identity Management

  • Contact spec lead for further clarification of JSR  (BE)
Cheers,
Martijn